Thursday, January 27, 2011

Now I was back from Gurupoornima

The grace and calmness almost never left me except for moments when I was in severe pain. It was August 7th and once again I was back in the ER but this time I was able to come out pretty soon. With my chemo rounds still on, once every week for three weeks and one week break, I was getting weak physically, as I was unable to eat. Food that I loved to cook, feed and eat became a horror for me but within nothing was changing. Times of pain, I immersed in deep prayers and gratitude. There was no complain but yes discomfort at the physical level. After two weeks viola! once again I was back in the hospital, this time they shifted me to a proper bed out of the ER on the 8th floor. It was one of my longest stay and in a way a nice one. I know I was in pain then how come it was a nice one....so it goes thus. I never lost my smile and keeping my other roommates busy with laughter and yes all the three were much much elderly ladies.

We had planned for a satsang on the 29th of August, the first in Sherbrooke after I came here. In the hospital, people kept visiting me...David brought me the best gift.."Shiv Shutras" which became an integral part of me. I was very well equipped with my computer, ipod, DVD's...so nothing was missing. But then while others had doubt about the satsang, I was very sure of if...it was not "I" but something greater and my speech was.."even if I can't be there the satsang will happen". But viola! on the 27th of August I was discharged..( that is how GURU works..amazing)...rested on the 27th, made phone calls on the 28th and on 29th we had nearly 27-28 people for the satsang. It was great. During my time in the hospital bed, I used to plan out things using my ipod touch notebook and calender, then when Catherine used to visit me we made a final plan for all the activities to be happening in the Autumn session.

The satsang was GREAT!...and in all I felt only one thing that it all happened...nothing was done...I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....

So that is the GURU's grace which flowed in the month of August...

As I write my whole self is just rejoicing with gratitude and love....

Will come back in soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment